Major water features like waterfalls and ponds can be beautiful additions to outdoor spaces. Below are some of the primary advantages that water features like these offer.
1. Better health. Although it may sound surprising, water features can benefit your health. Water has natural stress-relieving properties. Imagine spending an afternoon sitting close to your pond, gazing at the fish as they swim slowly through the water. Alternatively, think about how relaxing it would be to close your eyes and hear the sound of water gently running in the background. Spending time near water is a great way to unwind after a difficult day.
2. A powerful tool against noise pollution. Do you live near a busy road or in an area where there is a lot of noise? If so, the sound of moving water from your water feature could help mask these unwanted noises, creating a much more relaxing outdoor space.
3. An excellent way to add definition to your landscaping. Water features make beautiful outdoor focal points, helping to elevate the appearance of your home. Along with adding beauty to your outdoor space, most water features also add gentle sound and movement, creating a more immersive environment where you can enjoy spending time.
4. Attract more wildlife. Birds, small animals, and other types of wildlife all have one thing in common: they need water to survive. When you add a water feature to your outdoor space, you will naturally attract more local wildlife to your property. This is a major benefit if you enjoy watching birds or if you like the idea of creating a more balanced ecosystem in your outdoor space.
5. Boost your property value. As long as they are properly maintained, water features can dramatically boost the resale value of your property. In fact, they can increase the sale price by as much as 20%. That means that you can not only enjoy the water feature while you are living in your home but you can also use it to earn more money if you ever decide to sell your property. Buyers are willing to pay a premium for beautiful landscaping. Another benefit of water features is that they increase curb appeal, which can also add to the value of your home.
6. Make the most of a small space. Even if you don’t have an oversized yard, you can enhance your outdoor space with a water feature. You don’t need to install a huge pond. Instead, you can get by with a simple waterfall or a small fountain. Water features like these allow you to enjoy the sound of running water. They also attract birds and other small creatures. Due to their small size, they can be placed almost anywhere, allowing you to make the most of your outdoor space. These types of small water features are ideal for areas of your yard that are awkwardly-designed or difficult to use in any other way.
7. A low-maintenance option. Hot tubs and swimming pools are notorious for requiring a significant amount of upkeep and maintenance. Not only do you need to keep them clean but you also have to frequently test the water. Water features like fountains and waterfalls, on the other hand, require very little maintenance. Since the water recirculates, they won’t increase your water bill, either. The movement of the water naturally discourages algae from growing, which means that you won’t need to clean the water feature as often. Water features like these are also far superior to hot tubs or swimming pools in terms of safety – especially if you have small children at home.