Today’s landscaping pavers are available in more styles than ever. This gives homeowners a wide range of options when it comes to designing their outdoor spaces. A lot of factors come into play when determining which pavers are the best choice including how much money you want to spend, how long you expect the pavers to last, and the overall style that you are going for.
As you begin planning your project, one thing you should think about is how long the pavers will last. In most cases, pavers are placed over a base of concrete with a layer of sand in between. This provides both strength and stability. Below, you can find a brief overview of some of the most popular paver materials:
– Landscaping bricks. These bricks tend to last for a long time, although they can break if they are exposed to a lot of force.
– Concrete pavers. This is one of the more durable options. Pavers like these are unlikely to break under pressure, which means that they usually will last for years.
– Tile. From a design standpoint, tile is one of the more attractive options. If the ground moves, however, you may experience problems with cracking.
– Natural stone pavers. These pavers are extremely strong and usually move along with the ground, minimizing the risk of cracking or breaking.
– Rubber tiles. Tiles like these usually do well for the first few years that they are installed. If you keep them outside too long, however, the weather may eventually cause them to crack.
When deciding on an option, think about whether you want the project to last forever or whether you plan on changing it again soon. If you don’t mind the idea of having to replace the pavers, it opens up a lot more possibilities in terms of the materials you can choose.
Along with longevity and price, you also need to consider the overall aesthetics of the pavers. The section below takes a closer look at the available options:
– Brick. Brick patios and walkways are an attractive choice. The bricks can either be sealed together with mortar or they can be placed on the ground with sand in between. One major benefit of choosing brick is that the rough surface provides excellent traction, even during icy winter weather. There are also a lot of design options available in terms of how you lay the bricks, making it easy to come up with a style that will complement your home and landscaping.
– Natural stone pavers. From a design standpoint, few materials match the beauty of natural stone. Stone pavers are sophisticated, making them a great option for creating a stunning outdoor space. They provide a natural look that blends seamlessly with the rest of your landscaping.
– Concrete pavers. One of the best things about concrete pavers is that they come in a lot of different styles, shapes, and colors. This versatility makes it easy to plan a walkway or patio that will complement your outdoor space.
– Tile. As long as it is installed correctly, tile is an attractive, long-lasting solution. Outdoor tiles come in a lot of different colors and styles, providing plenty of design choices. One of the benefits of going with tile is that it helps create the feeling of being in a room even when you are outdoors.